Baltimore Green Map promotes the discovery, use, and stewardship of the Baltimore region’s natural, cultural and “green living” resources. Our participatory mapmaking processes and education outreach activities draw out the richness and diversity of local assets, creating greater public awareness of specific places and highlighting opportunities to advance Baltimore’s progress toward building a healthy urban environment for the benefit of all.
Baltimore Green Map believes that positive experiences and emotional investment precede the inclination to engage in advocacy and stewardship: Discover. Enjoy. Learn. Take action! That’s why we create maps and activities to inspire people to explore their environment.
- Become the go-to source for Baltimore area residents looking for opportunities to enjoy nature, patronize environmentally responsible businesses, and engage with activities that contribute to a livable city
- Increase use of existing resources
- Stimulate replication of successful greening strategies
- Celebrate Baltimore’s vibrancy and its progress toward becoming a sustainable region
- Represent Baltimore to a worldwide audience via the international Green Map movement